Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 5: Santorini, Greece

On day 5 we did an excursion in Santorini, Greece. We toured Erinia Cove and walked the volcanic island of Nea Kameni. Then we went and swam in the thermal springs of Palea Kameni. The springs were not that warm about 60 degrees and we all came out salty and brown but it was a great time. After touring the volcano and springs we got to go out and explore Santorini on our own. We went and had lunch at a Greek restaurant and I had my first real Greek Salad. It was pretty darn good and I don't think I could find one to match it. The city was full of shops and the views were absolutely fabulous.

Santorini, Greece
Santorini, Greece
Thermal Springs

View of Santorini from the volcano island
on the volcano island

Owen and Dan Hewes


No comments: