Sunday, April 20, 2008

Walker Update

Hey everyone,
I hope everyone is starting to enjoy the spring weather. Here in England it changes so much one day it is just beautiful, sunny and warm, and the next it is freezing, raining, and windy like it was still winter. Pretty crazy. Well not much is going on for us. I am keeping busy working and hanging out with friends. Just this weekend I went with a group of women from my bible study to a heart spa rally. It was wonderful. We went to Alconbury RAFB, about 1 hour from Mildenhall, on Friday afternoon. We had supper and then got to make some home spa remedies. On Saturday we got pampered with pedicures, manicures, and facials. We had a wonderful speaker who talked to us about being a light for God in our everyday activities. It was just a great weekend to get away and hang out with other women who love God and not be stuck at home.
As for Owen I get to talk to him about every 2-3 days. He is keeping busy with flying but loves it. He is on the night schedule so he sleeps most of the day. He said it is getting pretty hot there so he is glad to be flying at night when it is cool. He said there is not much to do there but eat, workout, and watch movies but it is not that bad, could be worse. A friend from church who was there sent me a picture so I would sort of know what it was like there.
Well that is about it for now. Just keep us in your prayers. If you want to email Owen is address is owenkwalker@gmail.com
Talk to you later,
Sara

The girls I went with
Kristy, Me, and Sarina

Michelle and Me

A place at Quatar
The Plaza (social focal point)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, Glad all is going well and that you are keeping busy. Sounds like a fun weekend you had with the girls. Quite a facial. All is well here we did get some more moisture on Thursday. was wonderful. Keep in touch and talk to you soon, love ya Mom

Robin said...

Hey Sara, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I wanted to let you know that my husband is there as well. Maybe they will re-meet each other. I hope you're doing well while he's gone. -Robin

Tessa said...

Sara! Looks like you had a great time with your friends! The spa/retreat sounds really interesting - that would be something cool to have around here!

When are you coming back home? Will you be flying into Wichita? If so, PLEASE call me!