Well it is pretty quiet in the Walker household. Owen left bright and early yesterday for his 2 month deployment to Al Udeid in Quatar. He should return mid June He will be quite busy, flying as much as possible. He is living in a trailer that is split into different rooms with each room holding 2 people. The bathrooms and showers are in another trailer and they have a food hall where they can get things to eat almost 24 hrs a day. They are allowed a TV if they can find one and one computer that has to be wiped clean before they can use it. Not too pleasant but could be worse I guess. We are able to email and he calls whenever he gets a chance. I talked to him yesterday just long enough to let me know he made it and was doing fine. As for me I am doing better than I thought I would be but I am trying to keep as busy as possible with work. The nights will be the hardest and the longest but I guess I will manage, right. I am planning a trip home the end of May for a couple of weeks to help pass the time and I can't wait to see everyone again. Well that is it for now. I will keep you posted. Feel free to write or call I would love to talk to everyone or just come visit that would be great. :)
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Sara, It has been great reading up about your adventures in England and with the Air Force. I have recently joined the Air Force and am with the USAF Band of Flight at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. The Air Force is a bit different than the Marine Corps in all the good ways! I will be deploying to the Middle East as well in January of 09 for 60 days on a USO type morale tour. Anyways, hope you get through Owen's deployment ok. Talk to later.
Shane
Sara,
I hope all is going good! I saw that Owen just deployed..I hope your hanging in there...it's got to be tough. Please call anytime! If you need ANYTHING let me know! You both will be in our thoughts and prayers! Miss you! Keep in touch!
Stephanie
Sara, you know we are praying for the both of you. We love you both and look forward to seeing you in May. Love Mom
Post a Comment