Well I know it has been quite awhile since I have posted anything and I apologize for that. We had a pretty busy February. The month started out slow but soon became rather busy but a lot of fun. We had our first visitors from home and it was great. Amanda as some of you know was doing an internship over in Ireland. Well while she was there she decided since she was so close she would come down and see us. So her and a friend flew down to Stanstead the weekend of February 18 and stayed until that Sunday. We tried to do as much with them as we could fit into the weekend. On Friday I took them to a what we would call a country club to hear an American country singing sing. His name is Bobby D. Sawyer. I have never heard of him but he was pretty entertaining. We also got to see people do a lot of different line dancing. Our landlords were among them. They were great.
On Saturday we made a quick trip down to London and showed them as much as possible. It was a very cold and windy day. We did a bus tour which allowed them to see all the sites from the outside and then we chose a couple to actually go into. I also took them to a little tea room to have some English tea. Then they had to return early on Sunday so that was all we had time for. It was a real quick trip but I think they enjoyed it . Hopefully they will come back when they have more time to see everything. It was great to finally see someone from home. It made me miss home quite a bit but it helped to know that people are always close by. Thanks for coming to see us Amanda . It was a great weekend.
This was at a store in London located on Oxford Street. It is the longest shopping street in all of England.
This was taken just outside of Buckingham Palace.

On Saturday we made a quick trip down to London and showed them as much as possible. It was a very cold and windy day. We did a bus tour which allowed them to see all the sites from the outside and then we chose a couple to actually go into. I also took them to a little tea room to have some English tea. Then they had to return early on Sunday so that was all we had time for. It was a real quick trip but I think they enjoyed it . Hopefully they will come back when they have more time to see everything. It was great to finally see someone from home. It made me miss home quite a bit but it helped to know that people are always close by. Thanks for coming to see us Amanda . It was a great weekend.
This was at a store in London located on Oxford Street. It is the longest shopping street in all of England.
1 comment:
Hey Sara & Owen!
We love reading all about your exciting experiences! Just saw the refueling clip & can't imagine how thrilling that was! Guess you kept "Blondie" under control. We enjoyed "the rest of her pics" over Easter. Hope to see you in May! Our love & prayers,
K&J
Post a Comment