Sunday, August 31, 2008

One Year Gone By

I can't believe we have been here for a year. It still feels like we just arrived and are new to the area. July and August flew by that I don't remember all that we did. I got to enjoy another girls night out on the town. We had a great time just being girls, not wives or mothers for a few hours. As for Owen and I we took a weekend and went to Coventry and toured a cathedral, Kenilworth and Warwick to see a couple of castles. We went with the Houston's and the Lamer's. It was a great weekend to just get away and spend some time with friends.
Owen has been busy with work, if he is not flying he is doing work in the squadron. He has just been flying local flights and not got to go anywhere to cool. We had planned to take a vacation on his TDY's this coming week but things fell through and none of the spouses got to go. So he is enjoying a week in Iceland without me. I will have to post pictures when he gets back. He claims it is like nothing he has ever seen before. I am still working at the CDC with the babies. It keeps me very busy and exhausted at times.
We don't have anything planned yet for the next couple of months but are looking at taking vacation in November or December to Austria or Switzerland for Thanksgiving or Christmas (since we didn't get this TDY for vacation). I will definitely be ready for a break by then. So if anyone needs to get away in the next couple of months come on over. I would love to see some familiar faces. We are missing you all very much and hope everyone is doing well.
With love,
Sara and Owen
Girls Night Out

All of us piled in my car

Hotel in Coventry



Coventry Cathedral
(old part that got bombed)

window of the new part, I thought this was just interesting

Kenilworth Castle



Warwick Castle
(one of the largest ones we have seen that is still standing)
Outside view

Warwick Castle - inside view
The Trebuchet

Here is a video clip of them launching a fire ball .



Hope you enjoyed the pics and I will try and post sooner next time. Sorry I have been slacking.
talk to you all soon .

No comments: