Wow has it been awhile or what. The crazy and wonderful thing is I have been keeping really busy while Owen is away. Let me get you all up to date with us. When I last wrote I was getting prepared for my first trip back to the states on my own. Well let me share with you how that went. I will tell you first off Thank God for military hops. If I ever have a choice between that or flying commercially I will definitely take the hop. It may be a little loud, cold and uncomfortable but it is so worth it. I just took my laptop and watched movies and my sleeping bag and slept on the floor. My flights were both 8-9 hrs nonstop to Wichita and back home. It was great. I had a few crazy moments like our flight back getting pushed back 24 hrs but all worked out. I got to go spend some time with Deb and Mark Shelly and their family, see Owen's brother Arlen, and eat lunch with Amanda. I want to say thanks to the Shelly family for taking me in without notice. You are wonderful people.
While at home I was blessed to get to actually see a lot of family. I got to see all my siblings and spend time with Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. It was great. I did though have to go back a few days early so I didn't get to see all the people I wanted to or spend as much time with some as I would have liked. But I am glad I got to see as many people as I did. It was a great trip. Oh and I spent way to much money. Shopping here is difficult unless you want to spend a fortune so when I got home I just went crazy and felt like I wanted to get a little bit of everything. :)
Well now that I am back here, I have started work again and didn't realize how much I missed my kids. I was glad to be back there. Work has been having a few difficulties but getting to see my babies everyday makes it worth going to work every day. Besides work I have been hanging out with the girls. We just went to the movies and I and Sarina hosted a baby shower for Christina. She is due in about 3 weeks July 4. We are so excited for her and can't wait to help spoil the baby.
As for Owen, we are still getting to talk about every 2 day. Technology is fantastic I don't know how people back when survived times in the military. I find it tough but then I have to think of how lucky I am that I even get to talk to him at all. Anyways he is doing good. He is soooo ready to be home. He said the other day, I can't wait to not sleep on a hard bed and sleep in my own bed, not have a roommate, not have to walk 100 yards every time he has to go to the bathroom, and see more than the same two people everyday. He sounds so ready to be back to civilization and a little more normalcy in his life. We have only 6 days and counting. He should be back this Saturday 14 June. We are excited and anxiously awaiting his return.
Well that is about all that has been happening in the last few weeks. This week I am going to be pretty busy getting stuff done before he returns and working. I hope everyone is doing well and would like to hear from you all soon.
Missing everyone dearly,
With love,
Sara and Owen
I woke up one morning to this little deer eating my flowers. I think this is as big as they get here. He was so cute.
I got to see Kinsey and Lydia while I was back and get caught up on life with them. We had a wonderful time and I miss seeing them. But it was good to see you girls again.

This is my favorite niece, Zahara (ZD) She has grown so much and is talking up a storm now. She will be two in September. I can't believe it. Oh and little Miss Anabelle had to be in the picture.
This is at the shower for Christina. She is in the middle and then Sarina on the left. We had a great party.
While at home I was blessed to get to actually see a lot of family. I got to see all my siblings and spend time with Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. It was great. I did though have to go back a few days early so I didn't get to see all the people I wanted to or spend as much time with some as I would have liked. But I am glad I got to see as many people as I did. It was a great trip. Oh and I spent way to much money. Shopping here is difficult unless you want to spend a fortune so when I got home I just went crazy and felt like I wanted to get a little bit of everything. :)
Well now that I am back here, I have started work again and didn't realize how much I missed my kids. I was glad to be back there. Work has been having a few difficulties but getting to see my babies everyday makes it worth going to work every day. Besides work I have been hanging out with the girls. We just went to the movies and I and Sarina hosted a baby shower for Christina. She is due in about 3 weeks July 4. We are so excited for her and can't wait to help spoil the baby.
As for Owen, we are still getting to talk about every 2 day. Technology is fantastic I don't know how people back when survived times in the military. I find it tough but then I have to think of how lucky I am that I even get to talk to him at all. Anyways he is doing good. He is soooo ready to be home. He said the other day, I can't wait to not sleep on a hard bed and sleep in my own bed, not have a roommate, not have to walk 100 yards every time he has to go to the bathroom, and see more than the same two people everyday. He sounds so ready to be back to civilization and a little more normalcy in his life. We have only 6 days and counting. He should be back this Saturday 14 June. We are excited and anxiously awaiting his return.
Well that is about all that has been happening in the last few weeks. This week I am going to be pretty busy getting stuff done before he returns and working. I hope everyone is doing well and would like to hear from you all soon.
Missing everyone dearly,
With love,
Sara and Owen
I woke up one morning to this little deer eating my flowers. I think this is as big as they get here. He was so cute.
I got to see Kinsey and Lydia while I was back and get caught up on life with them. We had a wonderful time and I miss seeing them. But it was good to see you girls again.
This is my favorite niece, Zahara (ZD) She has grown so much and is talking up a storm now. She will be two in September. I can't believe it. Oh and little Miss Anabelle had to be in the picture.
This is at the shower for Christina. She is in the middle and then Sarina on the left. We had a great party.
No comments:
Post a Comment